Wednesday, May 18, 2011

redoing old furniture part #2


Well it took a extra day to stain because it rained ,I don not stain any thing in the rain because of the moisture in the air .I went to Lowes and picked out a can of Minwax paint called Penetrates,Stains,Seals. I first checked to made sure there was no dust on tht wood .I took the paint and mixed it good. With a 2in. brush and a clean cloth I put on the first coat.After 4 hours I added a second coat.Then after an other 5 hours I added one more coat.This is when I checked it that I  had the color I was looking for.After 24 hours I added a coat of clear lacquer not to heavy.I use spray cans for this.I wanted a slite shine so I used semigloss.Well here it is a old dresser from the forties at 20.00 and a littly work. Not bad hay. See Ya Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment